Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel

Bared to You - Sylvia Day The relationship between Eva Tramell and Gideon Cross continues with them both attempting to figure out how to make it work. Both have such serious baggage from their pasts but in spite of it, they are committed to muddle through and create something special for each other.In the first book of the series, Eva's propensity to run away when things became tough or scary was beyond annoying. In this story, she's learned to fight this as a first instinct and it makes a difference not only in her relationship with Gideon but also with her own maturation. Things get really dicey when a relationship from her past emerges into her present and while some reactions are predictable, there's nothing ordinary at all about what happens. Gideon continues to harbor secrets but Eva's perserverance and commitment force some change. We also learn more about the people in their lives, which provides even more insight about these two and the extent of what they overcame. I continue to be intrigued by these two characters and despite them shattering every notion I have ever had about what's normal behavior I'd put up with or not, I find myself mesmerized by them, rooting for them to succeed individually and as a couple. There's something about them that has me abandoning my normal attitudes and accepting their flawed behaviors.The next book in this series cannot get here fast enough. I've been sucked into the worlds of Eva Trammel and Gideon Cross and don't know if I'll ever be satisfied to leave.