Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy

Fifty Shades of Grey  - E.L. James The final installment in this trilogy did not disappoint, even if it tended to meander at times. Ana and Christian continue to work their way through his damaged past to create a healthy relationship for the two of them, despite threats to their safety and relationship. Christian is still haunted by aspects of his past and Ana is having to mature quickly to help him and herself through her own discoveries.I continued to be amazed at Ana's self awareness and her ability to rise above her own insecurities to explore Christian's truths and demons. She's an enigma that sometimes gets overwhelmed by the force that is Christian but Ana holds her own and is the key to his freedom from his past. We are also treated to more of their email interactions, which is a brilliant device in this story to help us understand the dynamics of their relationship as they use them to really communicate their feelings. Even when there is silence on one end, that in itself communicates loudly. The writing is also sophisticated, with some phrasings that tell you the author is British, but that just made it more interesting.I worried about whether I would become bored or tire of this couple and that didn't happen. Ana and Christian continue to evolve in unpredictable ways, even in the midst of heartbreak and tragedy in this story. Another reviewer characterized the end of this trilogy as bittersweet and I think that's an apt description of my feelings. I'm reluctant to let these two go as I became invested in their outcome. While there is sort of a bow tied to the end of their journey, it's a messy one, which is so befitting to them. I'm glad I read this series and am satisfied with the final story.