Deep Kiss of Winter (Immortals After Dark #8)

Deep Kiss Of Winter - Kresley Cole, Gena Showalter This is actually a prequel to the series, a short story involving Myst and Nikolai Wroth. Myst is known throughout the world as the most beautiful Valkyrie, part chillingly fierce warrior, part beguiling seductress who can “make you want her even as she’s killing you.” She has devoted her life to protecting an ancient, powerful jewel and to fighting the vampires, and she now sees a way to torment one—for with Wroth’s heartbeat comes consuming sexual desire that can only be slaked by her.I found it to be an interesting story and premise for the series but it went on sexual overload near the end. As I've read the second book in the series, I highly recommend reading this first as you have a much better understanding of what's going on because of this backstory.Typical of most short stories or prequels, this was just enough to whet the appetite but not enough to immerse yourself in the characters. I'm hoping to see more of these characters in future stories in the series.