Killing Floor (Jack Reacher, No. 1)

Killing Floor  - Lee Child Jack Reacher isn't your typical hero so don't look for that in this story. He's a bit scary but the guy you want by your side when things get rough. He finds himself charged with murder almost minutes after coming into the town of Margrave, Georgia. It is one tense situation after another for Jack as he navigates through each, trying to figure out who he can trust and how to shake off this town. It doesn't take long to be drawn into this intricate web of lies and mystery. The writer uses a first person narrative to tell the story, which allows you to track Jack's reasoning and strategies in real time. The writing style took some getting used to and made it a slower read for about the first half of the book. Once I adapted to the style, it became synonymous with Jack.The pace of the story was swift even when the writing style slowed me down. While there were some predictable moments, there were some things that happened I never saw coming with a pretty exciting finish. I still have some unanswered questions about Jack and am intrigued enough to continue reading this series. Great first book in the series.