The Devil in Winter (The Wallflowers, Book 3)

Devil in Winter - Lisa Kleypas This story picks up where the previous book in the series, It Happened One Autumn left off and never stops. Evie Jenner made a gutsy move to save herself from her cruel maternal relatives by asking the rogue Sebastian, Lord St. Vincent, to marry her. She brings a much needed fortune to the table and he can provide her protection and a safe haven. Evie realizes she's also putting her friendships at stake by aligning with the man who betrayed Lord Westcliff.It was masterful how Kleypas took us through the successful transformation of Lord St. Vincent, a character I didn't think was redeemable, and Evie, one of the perceived less interesting of the wallflowers. He is witty, funny and painfully honest. Evie is perceptive, brave and sensitive. Who knew these two were made for each other, certainly not them but in this book it works. I find it incredible that I began rooting for Sebastian. It was also great to have characters from the previous stories continue in this one (Lillian and Marcus, Daisy, Annabelle and Simon).The story was well written and moved pretty quickly. My only criticism pertains to the protracted story involving Joss Bullard. Otherwise, this is the best of the stories in the Wallflower series thus far.