Born to Be Wild

Born to Be Wild - Patricia Rosemoor Isabel Falcon and Micah Wild were teenaged lovers 12 years ago when she became pregnant. Their families were feuding for several generations and came between them when they tried to marry and since that time they've led separate lives. Now they are being thrown back together because their 11-year old daughter is missing and they must reunite to find her, all the while struggling with emotions that haven't subsided in all the time they've been apart.It was chilling to think about this young girl being abducted without a trace and you couldn't help but feel Isabel and Micah's agony. It was obvious that they loved each other as they loved their child. The issues that originally separated their families weren't really clear though it didn't really matter as emotions still ran pretty deeply. The resurgence of the romance between Isabel and Micah was overshadowed by their daughter Lucy's continued absence. It was interesting to track their progress as they followed up on clues to find out who took her and where she was being hidden. What was very puzzling, however, was the lackluster involvement of the police and the community in searching for Lucy. It seemed as if Micah, Isabel and their families were the only ones looking for her and this didn't seem plausible. I liked the story, even though I didn't really connect so much with the romance. Their reasons for staying apart for 12 years didn't really make sense, especially when they remained connected through their daughter. However, the suspense surrounding Lucy's abduction kept me connected to the book and it had a good climax. It also seems like there may be a follow up story, which I would definitely read.(I received an ARC from NetGalley)