The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures)

The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie  - Jennifer Ashley, Angela Dawe Beth Ackerly, a widow of a former church vicar, is engaged to marry but before she does so, she is warned off by Lord Ian Mackenzie, an associate of her fiance, and then proposes to her. Ian is considered to be mad by most and she definitely thinks he is odd but she's also exceedingly attracted to this man. He's also considered dangerous as Ian was connected to the murders of two women but Beth believes in his innocence.Ian is definitely a different kind of hero who has Aspergers Syndrome, a disorder associated with autism. While he's high functioning, Ian lacks social skills and the ability to identify emotionally. Beth is an extraordinary woman who sees beyond the outer behavior and is drawn to this man. She learns to communicate with him on his level and at the same time engage him into her specter. Their romance is pretty steamy as Ian's experience has only been with prostitutes and Beth is ready to explore. The murder mystery isn't as intricate or involved as it could have been but did provide a level of interest around the detective connected to the cases.I didn't think I'd be able to connect with this type of character and, admittedly, it took a bit for me to engage but I'm glad I did. Once I was able to understand Ian and how his mind worked, I was hooked.The other Mackenzie brothers all have distinctive personalities and shortcomings. They were exciting and intriguing so I'll definitely be continuing the series.