Shotgun Bride (McKettrick Cowboys Trilogy #2)

Shotgun Bride (McKettrick Cowboys #2) - Linda Lael Miller In this second book of the series, we find Kade McKettrick attempting to follow in his brother's footsteps and has requested a "few" mail order brides. He has also become suspicious of the Sister Amanda Rose, the nun working at the Arizona Hotel. Something tells him that she may not be a member of the religious order.I finally get that the McKettrick men are all pretty stubborn and pigheaded but their hearts seem to be in the right place. Kade is the more learned of the family, which makes him a bit more thoughtful and measured in his actions, which he needed with someone like Mandy. She's a real spitfire and they had an immediate connection. Unlike Rafe, Kade was more willing to move forward with expressing his feelings and I liked him a lot more. There was also quite a bit of action in this story with outside forces trying to leverage the tension between Holt and the McKettrick brothers. With the Triple M ranch at risk, the brothers move forward at least a step towards a more harmonious relationship.I enjoyed this book, full of humor, sadness and intrigue. Miller seems to have captured the tone and spirit of the territory and era, so much so that I felt immersed in the story. I'm looking forward to the next book.