Stolen: A Novel (Women of the Otherworld)

Stolen  - Kelley Armstrong The second book in the series begins with Elena Michaels, the only living female werewolf, ultimately being lured to the secret compound of Tyrone Winsloe, an Internet billionaire. He is funding scientific investigations of other races and their supernatural powers and it is more than a bit creepy. While Elena fell in the TSTL (too stupid to live) category on a number of occasions, she showed some skills in this story and moved up a notch in my opinion. Elena used her wits and understood when to back down when faced with a dominant personality, which was appropriate. The action was exciting and filled with tension. I had a hard time putting this book down. There are so many characters where you cannot tell if they are friend or foe, which makes it even more intriguing.I was disappointed with the first book but this one redeemed the character in my eyes. My most favorite scenes are when she's in wolf form with Clay, allowing herself to be emotionally vulnerable to a character who has more than proven himself to her. I'm looking forward to continuing this series.