No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, Book 2)

No Rest for the Wicked - Kresley Cole Sebastian Wroth was dying on a battlefield until his brother Nikolai decided to save him in the only way he could. He turned him into a vampire against his will. Sebastian was so distraught by it he cloistered himself in his home for over three hundred years with little contact with anyone. Enter Kaderin the Cold Hearted, a Valkyrie who lost her two sisters on a battlefield 1,000 years ago. The pain from her sorrow was so immense that she received a Blessing that numbed her to any emotion, earning her the moniker. She finds Sebastian in his castle, goes in for the kill and suddenly stops when he offers no resistance. Fate gives us a lovely, delicious story here by pairing these two who couldn't be more opposite on the surface. When Sebastian realizes Kaderin is his Bride, he is relentless in his pursuit and she just as committed to not being caught. Her participation in the Hie, a brutal treasure hunt pitting members of the Lore against each other, provides some real excitement and action beyond imagination. It also serves as a perfect backdrop for the developing romance between these two. This is a real page-turner, with a great romance (beware...steamy moments abound) that's almost secondary to the action in a good way. I liked both Sebastian (who can resist a tortured hero) and Kaderian a lot. They make no excuses for who they are and excel at what they do. And, we get more of the crazy Valkyrie characters to boot. Bowen has a major role here and we are left with a cliffhanger involving his character. Nice addition to this series. Next up, Bowen.