An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgerton Series, Bk. 3)

An Offer From a Gentleman - Julia Quinn Benedict Bridgerton is not looking forward to another season of the ton, where he's considered to be one of the most eligible bachelors for the marrying kind. Sophie Beckett is facing a life of hardship and loneliness as far as she can see because of her birth status and a quite evil stepmother. When she has an opportunity to attend the Bridgerton's annual masquerade ball in secret, she rises to the occasion and takes advantage of every second. Sophie and Benedict meet each other at the ball and both are mesmerized with each other.This is a classic Cinderella tale and even though you know that story, you don't want to miss this one. Benedict and Sophie are two very captivating people. Her life is rather heartbreaking but Sophie never loses her spirit and doesn't spend much time feeling sorry for herself. She makes the best of her circumstances and fights for her dreams. Benedict can't seem to forget the woman behind the demi-mask and has spent a lot of time trying to find the one who touched his soul. In spite of his reputation, he is a very classy young man with a kind heart. I fell in love with both of these characters and this updated version of a classic. The Bridgerton family helps to turn this heartbreaker into a heartwarming story and it is now among my favorites. I cannot wait to read the next book in the series.