Robyn Carr- Virgin River Series 7-13 (Paradise Valley, Forbidden Falls, Angels Peak, Moonlight Road, Promise Canyon, Wild Man Creek, Harvest Moon) - Robyn Carr Clay Tahoma decides to join Nate Kincaid as his new veterinary assistant, moving from Texas to be nearer to his teenaged son, Gabe, and his sister. He's a member of the Navajo Nation and very proud of his heritage. He became a father at 17 and takes his responsibilities seriously and is looking forward to having Gabe live with him after having had his parents take care of him for the past couple of years. Clay is a natural with horses leading some to call him a horse whisperer. Lily Yahzi is a blue-eyed Hopi Indian who was raised by her grandfather. She's never known her father and her mother left her when she was a baby. Unlike Clay, she hasn't embraced her family heritage, especially given the absence of her parents in her life. Lily had her heart broken at a young age and is wary and distrustful of Native men. She has a special talent with horses as well. Clay is enamored of Lily at first sight and uses his authenticity to break down her barriers. Tension arises when his ex-wife comes to visit and their budding relationship is put to the test. Meanwhile, Jack Sheridan is facing his own set of trials when the death of one of the residents puts him in an awkward position when he's named the executor of the town trust. Typical Jack doesn't listen to advice and goes his own way and steps into a load of trouble and controversy, which is something we don't normally see in this community. A young man, Denny Cutler, comes to town in search for a biological father he's never met and who doesn't know he has a son. Well, now.....While many of our favorite residents of Virgin River make appearances, the stories are not substantive as we've come to expect. Clay and Lily's story is romantic and at the forefront but I missed having all the subplots normally present in this series. It's a good story but not as great as others to date. I am rating this 3.5 stars with the rounding to 4 because it is better than a 3-star entry.