Virgin River Series #4-10 (7 Volume Set) (#4 Virgin River Christmas, #5 Second Chance Pass, #6 Temptation Ridge, #7 Paradise Valley, #8 Forbidden Falls, #9 Angels Peak, #10 Moonligfht Road) - Robyn Carr Noah Kincaid, a Presbyterian minister, bought the boarded up church in Virgin River that Hope McCrea put up for sale on eBay. He hires an assistant, Ellie Baldwin, to help him get the building in shape to start holding services. Ellie is trying to regain custody of her children from her ex-husband, who is the children's stepfather. She lost custody because she was employed as a stripper at that time. Noah realizes he has a strong attraction to his new assistant, which is problematic for both of them.Meanwhile, Paul Haggerty gets a stunning legacy from his former girlfriend, Terri, that threatens to derail his peaceful existence with Vanni. I won't say much more so as to not spoil the storyline. It took a while for me to warm to the romance between Noah and Ellie but once I got more insight into who she really is, I was on board. Paul and Vanni's storyl was heartbreaking but oh, so realistic. We also gain more insight around the relationship between Jo Ellen and Nick Fitch. You may remember him as the groping lothario from the first book who was leveled by Mel Sheridan when his hands ended up where they didn't belong.Many of the residents of Virgin River are back as the town comes to terms with the opening of the church. This isn't my favorite of the series but it's still a well-written installment. There is a strong theme of the power of maternal bonds that is woven throughout and exemplified to some degree in each of the subplots. It connected all of the stories, which made this a standout in the series.