Smooth Talking Stranger

Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3) - Lisa Kleypas This final installment in the Travis series did not disappoint. The pairing of two personalities like Ella Varner and Jack Travis offers us a unique perspective into the damage done when love fails. Ella is commitment shy to the nth degree because she was born to an unloving, sociopath of a mother who taught her not to rely on anyone. Jack's commitment issues stem from a really bad past relationship. They are thrown together when Ella accuses him of being the potential father of her sister, Tara's newborn son. Tara has temporarily abandoned the baby while she gets her head straight at a clinic and the responsibility lies on Ella. Jack befriends Ella and cute baby Luke, providing temporary housing while she waits for Tara's three-month stint to end. As you can imagine, Luke forces Ella to look at love quite differently, risking her heart even though she knows he's going away soon. Jack, in the meantime, gets a chance to be with someone who wants nothing from him, especially his money. I loved this story and couldn't put it down because I didn't want to miss a moment of Jack and Ella's reawakening. Kleypas avoided all of the cliched story lines and let this couple's romance form naturally. It's a feel good story but not hackneyed. Both characters are extremely appealing and stayed true to their natures through the end. I highly recommend this book and it stands on its own within the series.