One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, Book 2)

One Foot in the Grave - Jeaniene Frost This second book in the series gives us a more mature Cat Crawfield working for a special unit of the government that kills human-murdering vampires. Cat is the commander of her specialized team and is operating under a secret identity and hasn't seen Bones in four years. Cat is so much more likable in this story. She's matured because of the choices she made to protect Bones and her mother and commands a team. She's more thoughtful in her decision making but still the fearless woman we love. I loved this story, which has Cat reconnecting with Bones and continuing her search for her father. We still have the exciting scenes with Cat in action and the romance with Bones is off the charts (beware of Chapter 32). The tension between her and her team because of her relationship adds additional spice. The story is well-written with a seamless flow from one chapter to the next. I hated to see it end so I'm on to the next in the series. This is a must read!